The Maricopa County Attorney's Office, as a governmental entity, conducts public business. Documents that are public records may be subject to disclosure under Arizona's public records law or other applicable laws and regulations. As a visitor to the website, you should be aware that any information submitted to the Maricopa County Attorney's Office is considered public information under the laws of the State of Arizona. Under certain circumstances, we may be required to disclose such information in accordance with Arizona's public records law or pursuant to other legal disclosure requirements.
Information Collected & Stored Automatically
The information we collect and store depends on what you do when you visit our Website. Information captured or downloaded when you visit our Website may be used for statistical purposes. For example, we may count the number of visitors to the different sections of our Website to help us make them more useful. The information collected may include such items as the name and domain of the host from which you access the Internet, the Internet Protocol (IP) address of the computer you are using or your browser software and operating system. This information does not identify you personally.
Social Media Policy
The Maricopa County Attorney’s Office (MCAO) is committed to fostering relationships with all communities in Maricopa County. These relationships are important to us and help us meet our goal of keep families safe.
MCAO’s social media accounts are a venue through which we can foster these relationships and hear from you about the crime trends and issues that are affecting your street, neighborhood, or community. We hope we can connect and engage with you in a meaningful way.
These accounts are primarily used to share relevant office updates and safety information with residents, businesses, and community organizations. MCAO’s intent is to create a limited public forum devoted exclusively to its postings, and comments from members of the public should be relevant to the subject matter of the post they are responding to.
Please be aware that when engaging with MCAO on social media, you are agreeing to the following:
Social Media Comment Policy
We encourage our followers to engage with our content through likes, comments, and shares, and we hope they will do so in a respectful manner. Comments made by the public to MCAO’s social media platforms are reviewed and MCAO reserves the right to remove comments to the extent that they do not follow the following guidelines:
- Comments that use obscene, threatening, defamatory, or harassing language
- Comments that disparage any ethnicity, race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, or disability status
- Comments that involve name calling or target, threaten, and attack a specific person, people, or organization
- Comments with personally identifiable information of any individual or individuals, including, but not limited to, phone numbers, e-mail and physical addresses, social security numbers, or other identification numbers.
- Comments promoting or opposing any person campaigning for election to a political office or ballot measures
- Comments that promote or advertise a business or commercial transaction
- Comments advocating or promoting illegal activity or that include material that violates copyrights or trademarks
- Comments that are unrelated to the posted topic or purpose of the social media platform
This comment policy is subject to amendment or modification at any time.
Registering & Requesting Specific Information
The Maricopa County Attorney's Office may ask visitors who request specific information, sign up to receive information, or who request to participate in volunteer activities to provide their names, addresses, email addresses and other pertinent information to ensure that we can process and deliver the information requested. Other information may be collected through questionnaires, feedback forms, or other means to enable us to determine a visitor's interests with the goal of providing better service. This information is considered a public record and is subject to disclosure on request.
Privacy Statements for Other County Department or Agency Websites
Links to Third-Party Websites
Disclaimer & Limitation of Liability
The information and data included in this Website have been compiled by the staff of the Maricopa County Attorney's Office or its contractors from a variety of sources, and may be changed at any time without notice to its users. The Maricopa County Attorney's Office and its officers, employees, authorized agents and contractors, make no warranties or representations whatsoever regarding the quality, content, suitability, adequacy, accuracy, completeness, usefulness or timeliness of information on the Website. The services, information, data and products made available at this Website are provided "as is" without warranties of any kind. The Maricopa County Attorney's Office and its officers, employees, authorized agents and contractors, make no representations or warranties regarding the condition or functionality of this Website, its suitability for use for any purpose, or that the operation of this Website will be uninterrupted or error-free. Additionally, the Maricopa County Attorney's Office reserves the right to change or discontinue any aspect or feature of the Website, temporarily or permanently, with or without notice to you. Maricopa County Attorney's Office provides this Website as a public service.
This Website is used to provide many types of information. BY USING THIS WEBSITE, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, THE MARICOPA COUNTY ATTORNEY'S OFFICE WILL not BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY MODIFICATION, SUSPENSION OR DISCONTINUANCE OF THE WEBSITE, OR FOR THE QUALITY, CONTENT, SUITABILITY, ADEQUACY, ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, USEFULNESS, OR TIMELINESS OF INFORMATION CONTAINED ON THE WEBSITE. ADDITIONALLY, BY USING THIS WEBSITE, YOU EXPRESSLY ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT UNDER no CIRCUMSTANCES WHATSOEVER SHALL THE MARICOPA COUNTY ATTORNEY'S OFFICE AND/OR ITS STAFF EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS, CONTRACTORS, OR OTHERS WHO MAY PROVIDE WEBSITE CONTENT (COLLECTIVELY "RELEASED PARTIES"), BE HELD LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY DIRECT OR INDIRECT DAMAGES THAT ARISE OUT OF, RESULT FROM, OR RELATE IN ANY WAY TO YOUR USE OR INABILITY TO USE THIS WEBSITE, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER SAID DAMAGES ARE CAUSED BY THE SOLE NEGLIGENCE OF RELEASED PARTIES. THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY INCLUDES, BUT IS not LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOST PROFITS, OR FOR ANY OTHER INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, HOWEVER CAUSED, WHETHER BASED UPON CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY IN TORT, WARRANTY, OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY.
- MCAO is unable to provide legal advice, investigate cases or take reports of crimes. Please contact the appropriate agencies for those services.
- Comments and responses made online in no way constitute a legal or official comment from MCAO. Additionally, comments or messages sent via social platforms to MCAO may not be responded to.
- MCAO is unable to discuss legal matters related to specific cases on social media platforms. For information related to a specific case please contact us directly at 602-506-3411
- While all information posted here is carefully reviewed, MCAO does not make any warranties or guarantees, nor may anyone assume any warranties or guarantees, regarding the accuracy or reliability of its content or of other information to which there is a link, this is the sole responsibility of the user.
- A comment posted by a member of the public on this page is the opinion of the commentator or poster only, and publication of a comment neither implies endorsement of, or agreement by MCAO, nor do such comments necessarily reflect the opinion or policies of MCAO.
- MCAO does not endorse the content from external, non-Maricopa County, links shared on its accounts.
- MCAO disclaims any and all responsibility and liability for any materials that the County deems inappropriate for posting that cannot be removed in an expeditious and otherwise timely manner.
- MCAO “following” or “liking” a post, tweet, or account does not constitute an endorsement.
- The contact information found here, including email address and phone number, shall not be used for unsolicited advertising, marketing, or other commercial purposes.
Restrictions on Use